Health and safety can sometimes seem like a load of time-consuming red tape – particularly when you’re busy planning an event, it can be easy to lose sight of the importance of proper health and safety planning. However, if you are holding an event it is your duty to plan, manage and monitor the event to make sure that workers and the visiting public are not exposed to health and safety risks.
You are responsible for ensuring that overall safety at the event is maintained so that as far as reasonably practicable, people setting up, breaking down and attending the event are not exposed to risks to their health and safety.
These duties will include:
- having health and safety arrangements in place to control risks
- ensuring co-operation and proper co-ordination of work activities
- providing your employees and others with relevant information on any risks to their health and safety
- ensuring the competence of staff to undertake their role safely
- monitoring health and safety compliance
- reviewing your health and safety arrangements
In addition to supplying health & safety staff such as qualified Event Safety Officers, Security and Medical operatives, we can provide general risk assessments and event/venue specific risk assessments to identify any potential hazards, then put in appropriate steps to minimise their impact and ensure that everyone’s going to have a great time.